Parts-Express.com:Acousta-Stuf Polyfill 5 lb. Bag | sound dampening sound polyfill midrange fiber dampening cleaner cabinet_damping
Apparently, it is designed to fill the cab and it is supposed to extend the low frequency tuning of any giving box.
Parts-Express.com:Acousta-Stuf Polyfill 5 lb. Bag | sound dampening sound polyfill midrange fiber dampening cleaner cabinet_damping
Apparently, it is designed to fill the cab and it is supposed to extend the low frequency tuning of any giving box.
I used this stuff for some large subs.
It is very clean and non-toxic and I thought there was a randomness to the fibers.
I have two large garbage bags loaded with this stuff.
Free to anyone....probably 150 bucks worth...I have no use for it
with the system I own now.
Great for stuffing TLs and sealed cabs, but typical vented cabs should use just sheet insulation as Altec did.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
I have used air conditioning fiberglass "duct board" in the past. Very safe, ridged and easy to cut. It works well in vented boxes. I believe its about 1 inch thick and comes
in 4' by 8' sheets.
Nick
This was Altec's preferred insulation, hence mine too. Their outside custom vendors OTOH used all manner of insulation from Celotex to R-19 backless wall insulation apparently to keep costs down.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
GM
What do you recommend for vented boxes ? Polly Fill , the 1" A/C board, or some other material ?
Don
Bookmarks